State Bank of Pakistan has launched initiative “Roshan Digital Pakistan Account” for Non-Resident Pakistanis (NRPs) seeking to undertake banking, payment and investment activities in Pakistan. Non-resident Pakistanis can easily open and operate bank account digitally without visiting a branch.
- Account can be digitally opened in any of main banks of Pakistan.
- Account will be opened within 48 hours.
- Account can be opened both in Pak Rupee and US Dollar.
- Account Holder can withdraw their funds from the account anytime.
- Amount can be deposited only by foreign inward remittance transferred by account holder through formal banking channel.
- The proceeds in the account can be used for investment in designed saving instruments in Pakistan- for example Naya Pakistan Certificate, access to stock market, etc.
Who is Eligible?
- Individual Non-resident Pakistani Nationals (NRPs) having CNIC/ SNIC/ NICOP.
- Foreign Nationals having Pakistan Origin Card (POC).
- Members of Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF).
- Employees or officials of the Federal Government or a Provincial Government posted abroad.
- Original scanned CNIC/ NICOP/ POC.
- Original scanned Passport (first 2 pages) (Pakistani and/or foreign/ other country).
- Proof of NRP status (e.g. scanned copy of POC, visa, entry/ exit stamps, etc.).
- Proof of Profession and Source of Income/ Funds (e.g. scanned copy of job certificate, tax return, rent agreement, salary slips, etc.).
- Photo of customer.
- Signature (Electronic- scanned on white page)
- FATCA/CRS Declaration.
N.B. Commercial Banks have launched the Pilot Run scheme and Formal Launch will take place soon. However, any account successfully opened during the pilot run will become live and active and customers will be able to perform digital transactions facilitated by the banks. For details of the benefits being offered by the Banks, please visit website of any Pakistani Commercial Bank of your interest.